Close Reading And Writing From Sources
Fisher and Frey present a model for teaching middle and high school students some of the most crucial skills, often neglected, in today’s schools: reading texts closely, taking good notes, analyzing and synthesizing information from multiple sources, then writing clearly and effectively.
Fisher and Frey have developed, implemented, and refined a process for teachers and students that results in evidence becoming a signature part of student work. When you use this process in your classroom, students will learn how to read closely to find out what a complex text says and means. They’ll understand the purpose and use of evidence. They will hone their annotation and sourcing skills. And they’ll learn how to communicate and focus their ideas through meaningful discussion before writing.
Chapters in this book focus on
• The Role of Evidence in Reading, Writing, and Discussion
• Close Reading of Complex Texts
• Preparing for Discussion and Writing: Annotation, Sourcing, and Avoiding Plagiarism
• Using Evidence in Discussion
• Writing From Sources
Videos linked throughout the text give you an opportunity to hear from teachers and students who have successfully implemented Fisher and Frey’s ideas. And you can access additional instructional videos on the authors’ YouTube page. You’ll see how scaffolding these skills, which often are not learned until college or the workplace, can improve your students’ reading and writing, both in terms of the habits they develop and in the writing they produce.
KidsDik少儿英语（KidsDik.com） » Close Reading And Writing From Sources
- 理论上来说正常付款后不会出现此类问题，但是也会有部分用户因为网络等原因导致在付款的过程中会有一些小插曲。如果出现类似问题，大可不必惊慌，本站所有支付都会生成订单，不管成功还是失败，所以如果真正遇到网络问题导致付款失败您又不知道是否成功时，请提供 "付款凭证+个人中心用户名" 截图给在线QQ客服处理。